Engineering wing of PSIEC is engaged in the development of focal points including acquisition of land, construction of roads, providing sewerage, electrical and horticulture facilities. This wing also undertakes construction of buildings on deposit work basis in the State of Punjab on behalf of Government/Semi-Govt. enterprises. This wing also provides Sewerage Treatment Plants and Effluent Treatment Plants at the focal points on need basis. After completing the development, the plots of different sizes are carved out and transferred to Estate wing of the Corporation for allotment to the industry. The maintenance of the focal points is carried out by the Engineering wing till the focal point is transferred to the Municipal Corporation.
Activities of the Wing:
A. Development of Focal Points: -
PSIEC is the Nodal Agency of the State Government for the development of the Industrial Focal Points/Areas for the purpose of carrying out the industrial activities. The Corporation has so far developed 45 No. Industrial Focal Points.
B. Deposit Works: -
The Corporation also undertakes deposit works for construction of buildings on behalf of other departments, prominently among them are as under:
- i. Udyog Bhawan, Chandigarh
- ii. Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration (MGSIPA)
- iii. ESI hospitals at Chandigarh, Mohali and in State of Punjab.
- iv. Director, Technical Education building in Chandigarh
- v. Forest Complex, Mohali
- vi. CIPET building, Amritsar
- vii. Bus Stands at Nangal, Pathankot, Nawanshehar, Jalandhar and Hoshiarpur
Apart from these buildings, the Corporation has also undertaken the construction of following ITIs of Technical Education department, Punjab:
- i. ITI, Maloud
- ii. ITI, Singhpura
- iii. ITI, Manakpur Shariff
- iv. ITI, Adampur